In recent times homeopathy has experienced many attacks in the press and it is often said that there is “no scientific evidence for homeopathy”. This is not true. Although, as homeopaths, we would be the first to admit that more research needs to be done there is also plenty of evidence out there already about the effectiveness of homeopathy including some high-quality randomised clinical trials. On this page I hope to point you to some websites and studies that I myself have found useful but first, here's a link to my ex-teacher, Misha, talking about homeopathy...
and then some links to some research....
1. The Society of Homeopaths has comprehensive coverage of the evidence base for homeopathy and an area for research news.
2. The Homeopathic Research Institute has a database of research related to homeopathy. Its possible to search the data-base by medical conditions/diseases so that you can see if any studies have been done about the condition you're suffering from.
3. For me some of the best evidence is personal experience! The Homeopathy Action Trust has a series of videos on YouTube of people talking about why they turned to homeopathy. They include GPs and other medics, a vet, and others from scientific backgrounds.
4. The Swiss Government published a detailed study and report (2011) into the effectiveness of homeopathy and complementary and alternative (CAM) treatments. It resulted from the high demand and widespread use of alternatives to conventional medicine in Switzerland, not only from consumers but from physicians as well. The report affirmed homeopathic treatment is both effective and cost-effective and that homeopathic treatment should be reimbursed by Switzerland's national health insurance program.
5. Dr. Luc Montagnier, the French virologist and 2008 Nobel Prize Winner for discovering the AIDS virus has surprised the scientific community with his strong support for homeopathic medicine. He is beginning to answer some of the questions about how the highly diluted substances used in homeopathy can have any effect. Many modern-day scientists assume that none of the original molecules remain in solution after the ultra dilution used in homeopathic remedies- so how can they possibly work? Montagnier's research has verified that electromagnetic signals of the original medicine remain in the water and have dramatic biological effects. Montaigner asserted, "I can't say that homeopathy is right in everything. What I can say now is that the high dilutions (used in homeopathy) are right. High dilutions of something are not nothing. They are water structures which mimic the original molecules."
There is much, much more but I hope this provides you with a taster of the research that is out there.
“If at first an idea doesn't seem absurd, then there is no hope for it.”
DID YOU KNOW?
According to the WHO, homeopathy is the 2nd most popular and widely used medicine in the world.
There are 6 homeopathic hospitals in the UK. In a recent, 6 year study of 6544 outpatients at Bristol Homeopathic Hospital it was found that homeopathic treatment had produced a positive improvement in 70% of cases.
Above info. from 100 Facts About Homeopathy
100 million Europeans use homeopathy – 29% of the EU population.
The Royal Families of Europe use homeopathic medicine and Queen Elizabeth II is reputed to never travel anywhere without her homeopathic medicines.
Homeopathic medicines are used successfully for treating disease in animals, proving that it is NOT "just placebo effect". Homeopathy is used to treat the cows at Yeo Valley Organic Farms.